A. Lynn Abbott
- Computer vision, image processing
Recent Research Topics:
- Image quality assessment for latent fingerprint analysis
- Computer vision for automatic navigation of aircraft
- Stereo vision for pavement quality assessment
- Face detection and recognition
- Image segmentation
- Computer Vision
- Pattern Recognition
- Artificial Intelligence
- Software for Embedded Systems
- Digital Design
- Ph.D., Electrical Engineering, University of Illinois, 1990
- M.S., Electrical Engineering, Stanford University, 1981
- B.S., Electrical Engineering, Rutgers University, 1980
View other publications by typing his last name in the Search box on the Publications page.
- K. V. Stefanik, J. C. Gassaway, K. B. Kochersberger, and A. L. Abbott, “UAV-based Stereo Vision for Rapid Aerial Terrain Mapping,” GIScience & Remote Sensing, vol. 48, no. 1, 2011, pp. 24–49.
- N. J. Short, A. L. Abbott, M. S. Hsiao, and E. A. Fox, “A Bayesian Approach to Fingerprint Minutia Localization and Quality Assessment using Adaptable Templates,” Proceedings: International Joint Conference on Biometrics (IJCB 2011), Arlington, VA, Oct. 2011.
- S.-M. Lee, A. L. Abbott, and P. A. Araman, “Segmentation on Statistical Manifold with Watershed Transform,” Proceedings: IEEE International Conference on Image Processing (ICIP 2008), San Diego, CA, Oct. 2008, pp. 625-628.
- P. Trisiripisal, S.-M. Lee, and A. L. Abbott, “Iterative Image Coding using Hybrid Wavelet-based Triangulation,” Proceedings: 13th International MultiMedia Modeling Conference (MMM 2007), Singapore, Jan. 2007, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol. 4351, Springer, pp. 309-321.
- C. F. Jones III and A. L. Abbott, “Optimization of Color Conversion for Face Recognition,” EURASIP Journal on Applied Signal Processing, vol. 4, 2004, pp. 1-8. (Special Issue on Biometric Signal Processing.)
- P. M. Athanas and A. L. Abbott, "Real-Time Image Processing on a Custom Computing Platform," IEEE Computer, vol. 28, no. 2, Feb. 1995, pp. 16-25.